Hello there and welcome!! <3
Thanks a lot for following!! *3*
Phew, I’m somewhat chaotic, but I’ll try to put things into some kind of order 8D
1. I choose a character and the outfit I wanna do. Usually it’s something I’m crazy about at the time that’s basically “COSPLAY ME”. XD
I think about wether I have the skills to pull it off and usually also if the character fits me.
Often people also ask me to cosplay something with them (as it was with Lottie) and if I like the character and their outfit, I often say yes. :)
2. I find cosplay partners. Sometimes I cosplay alone, but most of the time I cosplay with one partner and sometimes a whole group. :> I have a lot friends who cosplay and like the same things I do, so it’s usually easy to find someone. <3
3.1 We decide on a time and place. Usually conventions and sometimes photo shootings. Sometimes I have a convention before I have the cosplay and I’m like “this is the next convention, what am I cosplay there?” and choose a character after choosing a convention.
3.2 If it’s a shooting, then I’ll ask some photographer friends if they’re interested in doing a shooting. :) Also we find a good location and sometimes think of a photo concept before.
4. Then I start researching the character. Trying to figure out all the details of the outfit and the hair. Research can sometime be quick, if it’s a simple costume and there’s a HQ full body shot available. But there are times where I watch a movie over and over again and take screenshots and google the character and make sketches and all that to figure out all the details. Research can take quite some time. :’D
5. This happens sometimes in between the Research: Finding the materials. Finding the right fabrics and wigs especially can take a lot of time. :’D Sometimes I’m lucky and I walk into a fabric shop and find the right fabric instantly, sometimes I go to many fabric shops and get lots of online shops to send me fabric samples before I can decide on one.
Especially when I looked for fabric for my Black Widow suit, it took me ages to find one. I buy all my wigs online and looking for the right one can be quite hard, too.
6. I make patterns. I usually make them all myself. I have some patterns I always use as a base and create the specific patterns of. :D
7. Sewing, crafting & wig styling. :D This can take from one day to weeks, depending on how complicated a costume is. I usually make everything myself, but sometimes my friends help me, when I can’t do something by myself. I often sew together with friends, who also have costumes to finish and we watch movies or listen to music, when we do it. :>
8. Pre-convention/shooting stress. XD Most cosplayers, and I’m no exception, finish their costumes very very shortly before the shooting or convention. XD I don’t think it has ever happened that I finished a costume more than few days before an event lol. Usually I finish it right on the day before haha.
9. Convention/Shooting time!! <3 Best part obviously. Taking photos, posing, acting like a characte, meeting friends, having fun. <3
10. Waiting for the photographers to select, edit and send/post the photos. :> Sometimes I edit some myself, but usually the photographer work their magic.
11. Then I usually freak out about the photographers awesome work and I’m all like odfu089ausf0asf I love them all. XD Also I’m often dazed after a convention, because it’s so much fun. <3
Sorry for the wall of text lol. 8D